Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Day Out With Mummy

(One Hundred & Fourty days passed)

I left home at 8.45am and took a cab over to British High Commission again. This time, Mum was waiting for me there as she has my British passport with her. I had to go in alone as I am above 21 years old. I got my renunciation for British citizenship done, paid $92 for it, heart pain. I had a British passport because my Mum was born in Hong Kong, at that time Hong Kong was under Britain so British passport was issued. Though I was born in Singapore, but it states that I am not a citizen of Singapore at the time of birth.

Next I was told to go to the China Embassy to do renunciation for my Hong Kong citizenship. Lucky I asked Mum to come in too since anyone can go in, if not I would have stupidly paid $145 because the China woman refuse to listen to my situation and insist that I fill up the form and pay $145. I called up to ICA to tell them I really do not have a a Hong Kong citizenship as I registered for Singapore citizenship before Hong Kong returned to China, they said as long as I had a letter from the British High Commission will do.

Next we took bus 111 to Dhoby Ghaut station and trained to Lavender to go to the ICA Building. Finally, I got my oath done before the dateline which is in three days time. After oath-taking, had to go to level three to renew my passport for free. Waited one and a half hour for my turn when the receipt indicates eight people before me but there was more because there was a different type of number and only two counter opened. I had to take passport photo for the new passport and I used a hairband. Ugly me because pimpled face and heavy eyebags. They had to take back my previous passport because they renewing it for free as I already paid last year.

After everything was settled, we took train to Bugis for lunch as we were both hungry already. I was allowed to choose what I want to eat as it was my birthday lunch treat. I walked around the whole of Bugis Junction and could not decide on what to eat. We walked over to Iluma and almost stepped in to Mahatthan Fish Market then I changed my mind again. We ended up eating at Empire State, I always end up wanting to eat Empire State instead of trying something new. We ate till very full, did not finish the pizza so took away it.

After our late lunch, we went to Epic Center as I wanted to look at laptop case for my 11" MacBook Air but only one type again. Mum went home after that while I went to find a friend. Before I left Bugis, I bought two iPhone case. One My Melody and one Little Twin Star casing, my iPhone has new clothes again. Reached home before ten, no dinner tonight as I was full from lunch.






Me when I was a kid. Three years old & six years old.









My British passport.






Mum's British passport, it is hard cover type.


















Our lunch at Empire State.






My new iPhone casings.



Suddenly craving for this & I really got to drink it.

xoxo, Salina.

No comments:

Post a Comment