Thursday, July 21, 2011

Melody's Birth Story

I rarely took pictures of my preggy tummy during the course of my pregnancy.
Or rather, I have never took one proper picture of my growing belly at all. (Regretted)
At least I have two ultrascan photo of My Melody in my tummy.

Melody at 24 weeks!

Melody at 27 weeks!


My expected due-date is 29th December 2009.

I was hoping she would either come out to this world on 25th December or 1st January.

But...

On 26th December 2009 (Saturday), I was alone at home looking after my sister, Aslynna. Thank god Grandma came home earlier that day. As usual i was never able to sleep early, so past midnight, i was still awake.

It is 27th December 2009 (Sunday) already. Till 3am I was still awake cos Melody's Dad always refuse to let me sleep when i am already very very tired, force me to play PSP game with him. ( See, where got this type of husband/father-to-be??) At that point of time, i started to feel a kind of pain which i could not describe. I kept going to the toilet wanting to shit, but yet nothing comes out and the pain continues. But I ignore and just try to sleep the pain away, but I felt that the pain was coming to often and I guess it might be contraction. All the way till 6am, i was still feeling the pain and constantly going to the toilet. Whenever Grandma asked me I just say stomach ache.

Until she saw that I have been going for hours then i told her about the pain and she ask me to faster prepare to go hospital. Uncle Azfie fetched us to Mount Alvernia, we reached about 7+am. By the time I reached, the pain was getting more and more painful and faster. We went on with the check in procedure and stuff and i was admitted to the waiting room. Waited for my Gynea, Dr Lim Teck Beng, to come. While waiting, the nurse eject something into me and cause me to ship all the water out, the feeling very very very uncomfortable.

After Dr Lim came, he check and said I only dilate 2cm, still got about 8-10 hours to go. My thinking at that time was, 'What??? I still have to tolerate the pain for so long when I already think I am starting to not be able to tahan the pain'. He own self break my water bag and told me, baby already shitted inside. It is not safe to wait for so long as she may eat her own feces,  so he strongly suggested that I opt for Cesaerean (C-Sect) instead. After discussing with Grandma, I agreed to go for C-Sect.

After everything was prepared, I was pushed into the opration room at 9+am. I was given an injection on my finger and i fell asleep. The next thing I knew, I was still in coma but can roughly hear the nurses trying to wake me up. I was back at the ward, which means My Melody was out. The pain on my wound, when I was still on the pain killer drip, not that bad. But I cant move at all, if not pain.

My precious princessy baby MELODY
came into this world on 27th December 2009, 10.22am.
She weighs 2.47kg and height (can't remember now)














Pictures of My Melody right after she was carried out from my womb.

At first, when I saw these pictures, I thought she looked so 'long' and big. I cannot imagine how she was able to squeeze into my rather small womb. But when I finally get to meet my little angel for the first time, they wrapped her up until she was so teeny weeny, my adorable cutie pie baby.












My Melody in her first two days of life in the real world.
(Poor baby, don't know how the nurses took care of her,
her cheek got abrasion the second day.)

I felt very weak on the first two days and only started breast-feeding on the second or third day. But she is a very hot-tempered and impatient baby, she get's mad easily if she does not get to drink peoperly. But she is the one who refuse to latch on properly, still can throw temper. Still, I love her anyway. In the night, she drinks fomulae milk instead, Simulac.





My little bundle of joy & I int he hospital.


Yan Peng Cousin & I with My Melody.



Melody's father & her in the hospital.

I am thankful for my familes for coming to visit me. My Mum & Sylvester came too. Also very happy that Vaal Love & Nadia Sweet came to visit me at the hospital. Appreciate their presence but sadly, they both either did not get to see My Melody or only saw My Melody for a short while. My manager, Ying, drop by to visit me too with a bundle of baby's clothes from boss, Eric too. Yan Peng Cousin came to visit me too, and stayed for quite long.

I stayed from Sunday till Wednesday, four days and three nights there. Kind of miss the times staying there, away from Melody's Dad. The only time I can have my own freedom and peace during the night. Instead of feeling lonely, I felt happier somehow alone with My Melody. In the morning, I would slowly walk to the nursery to see her when I miss her. Miss that heart-warming feeling alot.



Melody with her father at home.

Back at home with My Melody on Wednesday. And life goes on...
















My Melody in the first week of her life back at home.
So small so adorable always sleeping.

I miss My Melody when she was this small at birth.
It's been one and a half years (18 months), and now she is walking, talking, learning.
How fast time flies, and soon she will be turning two years old.

My Melody at 18months with her new cheeky 'mickey-mouse' face/smile.

THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment